The Italian and Swiss Crystallographic Societies, together with the Paul Scherrer Institut, are pleased to announce the International Summer School entitled:
Diffraction at the Nanoscale: Nanocrystals, Defective & Amorphous Materials: A Hands-on Workshop on X-rays, Synchrotron Radiation and Neutron Diffraction Techniques including Experimental and Computational Aspects
to be held at the Paul Scherrer Institut, Villigen, CH, from May, 24th to 30th, 2010;
School website: http://user.web.psi.ch/powder2010/
- Introduction to nanoscale-ordered materials in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Material Sciences & Engineering
- Powder Diffraction from short-range ordered & defective materials
- Synchrotron and Neutron Powder Diffraction The Pair Distribution Function (PDF) Technique: Principles and Methods
- The Debye Function Analysis (DFA) Technique: Principles and Methods
- LPA (Line Profile Analysis) of Nanopowders: Principles and Methods
- High-Resolution Transmission Electron Microscopy (HRTEM) Imaging of nanoscale-ordered materials
- Coherent Diffraction Imaging (CDI) of nanoscale-ordered materials
Access to synchrotron measurements on your own samples will be possible!
Those you need financial assistance are kindly requested to follow the deadlines indicated in the School Webpage, which are still open for until the end of January. Full registrations will be possible only after February 5th.
Looking forward to seeing you in Villigen next spring,
Norberto Masciocchi (on behalf of the whole Organizing Committee)